Monday, December 22, 2014

Did I Remember Everyone at Christmas????

As each and every Christmas Season rolls on in, I'm always in the daunting task of making sure Santa does not forget anyone!  I'm not an organized mom!  I don't even think disorganized could be a description.  It's much worse than that....I'm not even sure there's a definition of it!

I'm about to head to one of my sons rooms to sit through the clutter and start counting out how many presents I have, and how to distribute them properly.  I try to make sure that all of my kids get the same amount of presents.  Not sure why I do this, but it's a part of how my brain operates.  I start to make piles, then I start to dismember the piles, then I remember that this one asked for this and his this is in that one's pile....OH NO  have to start all over again!

Somehow on Christmas Eve, Santa manages to get it all right.  But it's always by the skin of Santa's teeth.  My mom used that expression all of the time as I was growing up!  Never understood it, but at Christmas time it seems to take on a meaning all it's own.

I have no idea what I'm going to do when grandchildren start to enter my already crazy life.  I may have to actually start writing stuff down, as my husband tells me to do all of the time.  But my biggest problem is....when I write something down, I put it somewhere safe, then I forget where the safe spot was, then the rest of my time is spent trying to remember where the safe spot is, and I lose all of my shopping time for the kids.  It's NEVER worth writing down for me.  Even if I put it in my phone, I forget to label it correctly, then I end up going through endless tasks and messages in my phone looking for the same thing that is written down in the other safe place.  NO NO not worth it!

In the end, we still have the most joyous of Christmas' with tons of chaos, lots of wrapping, lots of lost parts, making sure we don't throw the cat away, (he likes the boxes and usually is in one), and making sure the dog does not run away with one of the little ones toys thinking it's for him.  

Have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!!!  From my family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment