Sunday, September 29, 2013

I Still Buy Hello Kitty Band Aids!

Most women my age are winding down with their "children" lives...maybe still working, maybe able to go to the gym, maybe even able to get their nails done on occasion.  And then there are women like me!  Still running toward projectile vomit, still smelling underwear, because you would rather smell them and take your chances than wash them AGAIN, still trying to get knots out of hair, still explaining why you need to eat your spinach...trying the very old explanation of "How do you think Popeye got strong?"  and they look at me like "who the heck is Popeye?"

Then there is the fact that owning a business that deals with kids is yet another notch in my belt of why I am still such a child myself!  I can't stop buying Hello Kitty Band Aids, or ones with Superhero's for the guys....I still wear Spongebob, Hello Kitty, and Disney Princess Band Aids, even to formal functions if I have a boo-boo!  Oh well!  I would rather a character Band Aid than one of those stuffy flex, flesh colored ones anyway!

So much for the Band Aid stories, just yesterday I was at my Gymnastics business (which is another reason why I still buy character band aids), when my little one ran in to the office to tell me about a verbal argument that was going on in the play room upstairs!  Apparently two children got into an argument over some building blocks, and one hurled a perfectly grand zinger at the other!  He called the other little girl "TOE FUNGUS".  Quite frankly I was impressed!  I mean "toe fungus"  what a great zinger!  I honestly wish I had thought of that one myself!  Just giving someone the "look" and then hurling "you are such TOE FUNGUS!" Humf!  So because I am still considered the adult in this situation, which is why they told me I'm guessing, I had to run upstairs just to make sure that this zinger didn't lead to a wrestling match!  To my great surprise it had not!  Thank the good Lord!  It did end up in a lesson on Toe Fungus though!  I asked, "OK who's hurling insults in here?"  and my little brilliant insulter raised his hand and honestly said, "it was me!  I'm sorry, I was just so angry that she kicked my blocks over!"  I told him thanks for being honest and that it was not nice to call her "toe fungus" and to please tell her that he was sorry!  She looked at me and said, "oh he said he was sorry, everything is OK now!"  I said that that was great and I was happy that they were such big boys and girls to apologize and then continue playing.  Then I got the best answer yet!  The little insultee was actually excited with the outcome of the insult from the insulter.  He had explained to her that "toe fungus" was actually mushrooms growing from her toes!  She took to that very kindly!  She thought that was the funniest thing she had ever heard and then ran out of the room to call everyone in the area "TOE FUNGUS"!  ACK this led to me explaining to all of the sitting parents the entire story which lead to a fungus discussion, which actually lead to someone saying in the end that all of the mushroom talk made her think of a salad that she was now craving.

So the moral of this story is............well I'm not sure if there is a moral, but at least there was a lesson in fungus, and a recipe for a great mushroom salad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment